Antitussive and expectorant Syrup
Each 100 ml syrup contains:
Oxomemazine 0.033 g
Glyceryl guaiacolate 0.666 g
Sodium benzoate 0.666 g
Paracetamol 0.666 g
Bottle containing 125 ml syrup.
A combination in syrup form, base.c on an original formula of a very powerful antitussive agent: oxomemazine, new synthetic antihistamine, phenothiazine derivativ?, which also possesses sedative properties; an antiseptic ….. of the
respiratory tract with expectorant activity: glyceryt guaiacolate; a mucolytic agent which fluidizes bronchial secretions: sodium benzoate; an antipyretic and analgesic component: paracetamol. The pleasant flavour of the excipient makes it easy for children to take Good tolerance in children as well as in adults.
* Cough, whatever its nature: spasmodic, inflammatory, or reflex.
* Cough due to the following conditions:
- Infections of the upper respiratory tract (rhinopharyngitis, laryngitis, tracneitrs).
- Irritation of the respiratory tract by vapours or gases, excessive smoking, .. etc.’
* Whooping-cough-like night cough, emetic coughs.
* Respiratory allergies, chronic bronchorrhoea, broncho- spastic bouts in asthma.
* Acute, subacute or chronic bronchitis and tracheo- bronchitis .
* Chronic respiratory insufficiency and emphysema.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION FOR USe :
The average daily dosage is as follows:
Children: under 1 year: 1 to 2 teaspoonfuls; from 1 to 4 years: 2 to 4 teaspoonfuls: over 4 years: 3 to 5 teaspoonfuls;
Adults: 1 to 2 teaspoonfuls and more if necessary 2 to 3 times daily. When coughing occurs mostly at night, increase the evening dose.
produced by :
european egyptian pharm ind