Aggrex 75 mg & 250 mg
Each tablet contains:
Acetyl salicylic acid ( Microencapsulated) 75 mg & 250 mg
Aggrex is salicylate NSAID having analgesic, anti-inflammatory & antipyretic effects. It acts as inhibitor of the enzyme cyclo-oxygenase, which results in the direct inhibition of the biosynthesis of prostaglandins in addition to thromboxanes leading to its antiplatelet activity. The microencapsulated formulation of acuylasiicylic-allowes it-to be released-gradually in a regular form providing two main advantages namely a constant blood level of acetyl
salicylic acid when taken twice daily and providing no direct contact between the solid particles of acetylsalicylic acid and the gastrointestinal mucosa preventing the occurrence of direct mucosal irritation.
Aspirin has analgesic, antipyretic anti-inflammatory and anti-rheumatic effects. It lowers body tem-v-rature through vasodilatation of peripheral vessels, thus enhancing dissipation of heat. The anti-inflammatory and analgesic activity may be mediated through inhibition of prostaglandin synthetase enzyme complex leading to lowering of prostaglandin.
Prophylaxis of myocardial infarction and ischaemic stroke at risk:
– Patients with a history of myocardial infarction.
– Patients with stable or unstable angina.
– Patients with deep vein thrombosis.
– Patients with atrial fibrillation.
– For prophylasis against recurrent transient ischemic attacks or stroke in men who have had transient ischemic of the’brain due-nrfibnrrplateie -emboli.
Mild to moderate pain, fever, various inflammatory conditions such as rheumatic fever, rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis.
– Prophylaxis ivi -1 tablet (75 mg) once or twice daily.
– Pain, fever & inflammation: 1- 2 tablets (250mg) two to three times daily.
– Patients intolerant of one salicylate or of other NSAID’s may be intolerant to Aggrex.
– Avoid especially in first trimester of pregnancy.
– Pediatrics especially those with fever & dehydration, may be more susceptible to the Rye syndrome.
It may enhance the activity of coumarin anticoagulants, sulphonylurea hypoglycaemic drugs, and phenytion.
– Patients with sensitive gastric mucosa may have tendency for gastric disturbance.
– Patients who suffer from platelet defects or have hypoprothrombinaemia may have tendency for bleeding.
* Hypersensitivity to salicylates & aspirin. * Peptic ulcer.
* Bleeding tendency & hypoprothrombinaemia.
– Aspirin may prolong labour time & enhances predelivery bleeding when used during the last trimester of pregnancy .
– Coagulation defects may affect the neonate .
Store in a dry place at room temperature 25°C and protect from light.
Box of 20 tablets.
Manufactured by :
( THE TENTH OF RAMADAN ) Co.
For Pharmaceutical Industries & Diagnostic Reagents.
6 th of Octobof City A.R.E.