Each tablet contains:
Secnidazole 1 gm
Secnidazole selectively blocks some of the amaebic cells functions, resulting in their demise.
1- Intestinal amaebiasis
2- Hepatic amaebiasis
3- Urogenital trichomoniasis
Dosage and Administration:
(Dose preferably be taken during a meal)
1- In acute intestinal amaebiasis (1 day treatment)
Adults: 2 tablets (2 gm) as a single dose
Children: 30 mg I kg as a single or divided doses
2- In hepatic amaebiasis (treatment for 5 days)
Adults: 1.5 gm as a single dose I day
Children: 30 mg I kg I day as a single or divided doses
3- In urogenital trichomoniasis
2 tablets (2 gm) as a single dose
1- Hypersensitivity to imidazole derivatives
2- First trimester of pregnancy 3- Lactation
– Some GIT disturbances e.g nausea, vomiting and metallic taste in the mouth
– Moderate leucopenia, which disappears afterwards.
– Rarely, dizziness, ataxia, parethesia.
– Alcohol should be avoided during treatment with Secnidazole, because it results in severe nausea, vomiting, cramps, flushing and headache.
– Secnidazole should not be taken with warfarin or any other anti-coagulant because it increases the risk of bleeding.
– Secnidazole should not be taken concomitantly with cimitidine because it increases me blood ievel of Secnidazole
– Avoid drinking alcohol during treatment
– Do not take concomitantly with disulfiram
A box of 2 tablets in a strip
Store below30·C, protect from light
Keep out of the reach of children
Produced by :
EGYPHAR Obour City – Egypt