Sugar, Dye & Alcohol Free
Each 10 ml syrup contains:
Pentoxyverine citrate 21.3 mg
Cabella syrup is a centrally acting cough suppressant used for
treatment of non-productive cough. It increases the threshold of the
cough center in the brain to the incoming stimuli.
Cabella syrup is indicated for the symptomatic relief of non-productive cough.
Dosage & administration :
Adults ( more than 15 years) : 10 ml four times daily, with maximum
daily dose of 120 mg.
Children (from 2 years-15 years) : 0.25 mg/kg body weight four times daily.
– The dosing interval should be 6 hours.
– Do not exceed 5 days of treatment.
– Hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients.
– Asthmatic cough.
– Respiratory insufficiency.
– Risk of closed angle glucoma.
– Risk of urinary retention or any other urethroprostatic troubles.
Side effects :
Cabella8syrup is well tolerated, but the following side effects may
– Cutaneous allergic reactions.
– Digestive troubles ( nausea & vomiting ), and constipation.
– Bronchial hyposecretions & dry mouth.
– Urinary retention.
Precautions & warnings :
– This medication is not for the treatment of productive cough.
– Do not increase the dose if no cure has occured during the use of
-In case of renal or hepatic insufficiency, the dose should be reduced.
– It is not recommended to use any alcohol containing medication
while using pentoxyverine.
Drug-drug interactions :
The use of alcohol containing medication potentiates the sedative
effect of centrally acting antitussives.
Pregnancy and lactation :
It is not recommended to use pentoxyverine during pregnancy and
Package and storage :
– Bottle of 125 ml syrup.
– Store away from light at a temperature not exceeding 30° C.
– To be used only under physician’s supervision.
– Keep all medicaments out of reach of children I
Produced by :
BORG PHARMACEUTICAl. INO.
Borg El-Arab new city
Alexandria – Egypt