Against flatulence and meteorism
Each tablet contains:
Silicone dioxide 2 mg.
Activated Dimethylpoly siloxane (Dimethicone) 40 mg.
Activated dimethylpolysiloxane lowers the surface tension of the foam bubbles and thus releases the trapped gases in the gastro lntesti- nal tract. The addition of silicone dioxide in DISFLATYL increases its anti- foaming action.
It is used in the treatment of conditions in which accumulation of gases in the gastro-intestinal tract is a problem. This occurs in:
– Air swallowing (aerophagy, eructateonervosa) met with in women about the menopause and in some neurotic men
– True gastric flatulence occurs in many forms of gastric disorders, the latter comprise cases in which fermentation occurs as in pylore- du- odenal forms of functional disorders of the stomach.
– Intestinal flatulence, occuring in :
* Colonic dysfunction associated with constipation particularly in caSRS of irritable colon.
* Any type of indigestion associated with excessive gas formation such as carbohydrate dyspepsia. chronic pancreatic insufficiency, chronic enteritis, deficiency states and affections of the liver and biliary passag- es.
* Intestinal obstruction cases and post-operative gas pains
* For elimination of gas. air foam from Intestinal tract prior to radiogra- phy. Administration of DISFLATYL before chOlecystography, pyelogra- phy and gastroscopy will be of great value.
* As an adjuvant in treatment of peptic ulcer.
DISFLA TYL is not absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract and is eliminated without undergoing changes of any sort. For this reason, no side-effects occur.
1-2 tablets to be chewed after meals and at bed time. Before roent genography DISFLATYL should be taken in this manner for 2-3 days.
Boxes of 30 tablets.
Keep out of the reach of Children
Manufactured In (EGYPT) by:
MISR CO. FOR PH ARM. IND. S.A.E.
Malaria – Cairo – Egypt. C.C.R. 32048
Under Licence of Solco Basle Ltd. Switzerland