What is osteoarthritis ?
Osteoarthritis is a chronic inflammation of the joints caused by loss of the lubricating fluid in the joints ( known as the synovial fluid) and the breakdown of the cartilage (the cushion between the hard bones in the joints) due to age related deficiency of a substance naturally produced in the body called glucosamine.
Dorofen® is composed of two active ingredients in one formula for oral use: a-D-Glucosamine Sulphate (brand LGS862) : 500mg,and Ginkgo Biloba Leaf extract: 50mg,
packed in white hard gelatin capsules imprinted with the words
“Dorofen®” and” Liptis It.
How does Dorofen ®work ?
Dorofen” is an exclusive formulation that supplies the body with glucosamine, the necessary building block for the cartilage and for the maintenance of the synovial fluid in the joints that keeps them healthy and moving comfortably. Thus, Dorofen” prevents the progression of osteoarthritis and restores the physiological balance again for rebuilding deteriorated cartilage. Ginkgo f1avonoids in Dorofen improve the circulation articularlyjll.enhance and promote pain free walking especially in elderly patients who suffer from insufficient circulation in the calf muscles.
Indications and usage :
Dorofen” is indicated for the treatment of osteoarthritis of knees, hips, shoulders, vertebral column or any other joint and in the treatment of intermittent claudication ( interruption of blood circulation in legs’ muscles). Dorofen” should be taken one capsule after food from three to four times a day until improvement is achieved which usually takes 2-4 weeks, depending on the degree of deterioration in the joint. Then the dosage may be reduced to one or two capsules a day for maintenance, as recommended by the doctor.
Why Dorofen” is the preferred .medicine for osteoarthritis ?
* Dorofen ® prevents progression of osteoarthritis.’
* It helps the regeneration of the deteriorated cartilage in the
joints by supplying the body with the necessary material for rebuilding the cartilage & maintaining the synovial fluid in joints.
* It improves the circulation particularly in the muscles which promotes pain free walking especially in elderly patients suffering from intermittent claudication.
* These effects together produce a synergistic effect (complementary additive effects) for the relief of symptoms of osteoarthritis and preserving a free comfortable movement ofthe affected joints.
* Dorofen ® does not onlyrelieve the pain but it treats the problem of osteoarthritis righHrom the root.
* The bioavailability of a-D-Glucosamine sulphate (brand LGS862) in Dorofen® makes it superior to any other brand in treating osteoarthritis.
* Long term usage does not affect the stomach or cause any serious side effects.
* Dorofen” has a convenient dosage regimen.
Side effects :
Dorofen® has an excellent safety record, however very rarely it may cause mild side effects such as heartburn, diarrhea, nausea, dyspepsia, constipation or headache. If any of these side effects do occur usually it is mild and reversible.
If I am taking other medications, can I still take Dorofen®?
YES, Dorofen® does not interfere with many popular medications, except anticoagulants. However, we recommend to inform your physician about other medications you may be taking.
Dorofen® should not be used by anybody who is allergic to any of its constituents or by pregnant and lactating women or children unless directed by the physician.
* This medication should only be used under the direction of your physician.
* Keep this medication as well as other medications away from the reach of children.
Dorofen” is supplied in boxes of 30 capsules, each capsule is imprinted with the words” LlPTIS ” and” DOROFEN”
Protect from moisture at temperature below 30°C.
Medizen Pharmaceuticals Industries Co.
For Liptis Egypt for pharmaceuticals &
Medical Products – S.A.E.