Pentosan sulphuric polyester
Please read this entire leaflet carefully before using this medicine. It contains important information for your treatment.
– This medicine may be used in self-medication, without consultation or prescription of a physician.
– If symptoms persist, get worse or if new symptoms develop, seek advice from your doctor or pharmacist.
– This leaflet is meant to help you in using this medicine. Keep it; you may need to read it again.
-Keep the medicine out of the reach of children.
In this leaflet :
1. What Hemoclar 0.5% cream is and what is it used for? 2. What is the information to know before using Hemoclar 0.5%
3. How Hemoclar 0.5% cream is used?
4. What are the possible side effects?
5. How to store Hemoclar 0.5% cream?
6. Additional information.
1- What Hemoclar 0.5% cream is and what is it used for?
Product for local Muscle and joint pain, vasculoprotective.
(M: Musculoskeletal system)
(C: cardiovascular system)
This medication treatment is recommended in local mild injuries (bruises, trauma) in adults and children from one year old.
2- What information to know before using Hemoclar 0.5% cream?
Never use Hemoclar 0.5% cream in the following cases:
– History of allergy or decreased platelets count in blood after taking anticoagulant therapy with heparin or heparin related prod ucts.
– Known allergy hypersensitivity to other components (methyl parahydroxybenzoate and propylene glycol). In case of doubt, it is essential to ask your doctor or pharmacist.
For external use only. Do not swallow.
– This product contains propylene glycol that may cause skin irritation.
– This medicine contains “parahydroxybenzoate” and can cause allergic reactions.
– Discontinue treatment in case of allergic skin reactions.
– Do not apply in the immediate vicinity of the eyes, rnucoui
membranes, on wounds, burns, infected lesions or weeping (oozing) dermatitis.
– wasn hands after use (to avoid contact with eyes or rnucou
membranes). In case of doubt, do not hesitate to ask your doctor or pharmacist
Using other medications :
To avoid possible interactions between several drugs, you should mention any cu rrent treatment to your doctor or pharmacist.
Pregnancy and lactation :
It is better not to use this medicine during pregnancy and lactation. If you discover you are pregnant, consult your doctor, only he can judge the need to continue treatment. In general, during pregnancy or lactation, you should consult your doctor or pharmacist before taking any medication.
List of excipients with known effect :
propylene glycol (E1520), methyl parahydroxybenzoate (E218).
3- How Hemoclar 0.5% cream is used ?
Apply 2-4 times daily to the affected area and massage lightly to facilitate penetration. This medication has been issued personally in a specific situation: Cream
– It may not be suitable for another case.
– Do not pass to another person.
Method and route of administration:
Cutaneous route. Local application. If you use more of Hemoclar 0.5% cream than you should and you feel effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist. Excessive use may lead to increased side effects, including skin irritation.
4- What are the possible side effects?
Like any active product this medicine may, in some people, cause more or less side effect Possible allergic reactions localized at the point of application.
Due to the presence of propylene glycol, this medicine may cause skin irritation. Due to the presence of methyl parahydroxybenzoate, this medication can cause allergic reactions (may be delayed).
Inform your doctor or your pharmacist about any side effect not mentioned in this leaflet.
5- How to store Hemodar 0.5% cream ?
Do not exceed the expiry date stated on the outer packaging. Store below 25°C.
6- Additional information.
What does Hemoclar 0.5% cream contain?
The active substance is: Pentosan sulfuric polyester 5mg per one gram of cream
The other ingredients are: Non-ionic emulsifying wax – cetostearyl macrogol, poly glycosylated corn oil, glycerol, propylene glycol (E1520), methyl parahydroxybenzoate (E218), levulinic acid,sodium
hydroxide, purified water.
What are the contents of the package?
A carton box containing 1 aluminium tube of 40gm & an inner leaflet
Talk to your pharmacist or your doctor :
If you need additional information or advice.
If you are not sure (e) that this drug is right for you, including:
-If you are pregnant or nursing,
-If you have, other illnesses, apart from what you want to use this medication for,
-If you take other medicines at the same time, even if they are sold without a prescription
-If you have been allergic to any medicine.
Prevention tips to be associated:
Accidents could be avoided by appropriate preventive measures:
Design your home to avoid the risk of falling,
Wear appropriate protective equipment during various
activities (crafts, sports gloves, helmet, shin guards,ankle, etc.)
Warning signs requiring medical consultation:
Do not try to handle yourself if:the pain is severe, widespread or cause an interruption of the activity
it is impossible to walk or use the affected limb, the injured area becomes red, hot and painful it seems that a liquid pouch has formed, the impad hit the eye or near the eye, signs appeared without obvious cause, and in the absence of a hit, your signs persist or worsen.
These signs can be symptoms of illness / worsening of condition, for which medical advice is needed.
Keep out of reach of children.
Produced by :
SANOFI Egypt s.a.e
Under license of SANOFI /France