A Palatable and readily absorbable high· calcium supplement.
Each 5 ml contains 1.2 g Calcium glubionate equivalentto 78 mg elemental calcium.
Calcium is an essential mineral necessary for the maintenance of electroly1e equilibrium and for the proper function of many regulatory mechanisms in the body. Hi-Cal syrup contains calcium glubionate in a suitable amount. Calcium glubionate is a readily
absorbable calcium salt which allows an adequate calcium supply.
Hi-Cal syrup is used for prevention and therapy of calcium deficiency states and disturbed bone metabolism, in children and adults.
1- Prophylaxis: As a dietary supplement when calcium intake is inadequate, especially in periods of increased demand for calcium, such as during:
– Pre and postmenopausal females.
2- Treatment of calcium deficiency states which may occur in diseases such as:
– Osleoporosis of various aetiology e.g. postmenopausal, senile and corticosteriod-induced.
– Rickets and osteomalacia.
– Latent tetany and related neuromuscular disorders resulting from hypocalcaemia.
3- Supportive treatment: In allergic conditions.
– Hypersensitivity to any ofthe components of Hi-Gal Syrup.
-Patients with renal calculi, severe renal failure, galactosaemia orwith lactase deficiency.
Adverse effects :
Hi-Cal (calcium glubionate) syrup is exceptionally well tolerated.
However mild GIT symptoms such as anorexia, nausea, vomiting, constipation, abdominal pain dryness of mouth, thirst or polyurea may rarely occur.
Calcium should be given cautiously to patients with impaired renal function or di,esses associated with elevated circulating vitamin D concentration; plasma calcium concentration should be monitored
closely in those patients
-Calcium enhances the effect of digitalis glycoside on the heart and may precipitate digitalis toxicity.
-Calcium salts reduce the absorption of a number of other drugs such as fluoride preparations, fluoroquinolones ortetracyclines, so administration should be separated by at least 3 hours.
-Thiazide diuretics may increase the renal reabsorption of calcium, thereby increase its level in blood.
N.B. Hi-Cal syrup should be administered just before meals to enhance absorption
– Upto 3 years: 1 -2 teaspoonfuls (5-10 ml) 1 – 3 times daily.
– More than 3 years: 1 tablespoonful (15 ml) 1 – 3 times daily.
-Adults: 1 tablespoonful (15ml) 1-3timesdaily.
– Pregnant and lactating: 2 tablespoonfuls (30 ml) 1 – 3 times daily.
• Postmenopausal females: 2 tablespoonfuls (30 ml) 1 – 3 times daily.
-Elderly: 2 tablespoonfuls (30 ml) 1 – 3 times daily.
• Treatment dose is individualized by prescriber based on severity of deficiency.
100 ml Bottles.
-Store at a temperature not exceeding 30·C
Medical Union Pharmaceuticals,
Abu·Sultan, Ismailia, Egypt.