Bronchodilator & Expectorant
Each 5 ml contains:
Theophylline anhydrous50 mg
TheophyHine is a bronchodilator by refaxing bronchial smooth muscle. oppose the effects of many broncho-constrictor mediators and also relaxes smooth musde in the urinary & biliary ways.Central stimulant: Analeptic respiratory and Psychostlmulant .
-Guaiphenesin.help&-Ioosen pNegmif1’tUCUS} and-thin biOi id “al seaenorrs-to ITI’3Ke amghS more prOductiVe.Good absorption after administratlon . Hepatic metabolism (90 % of the administered dose).The metabolism of the Theophylline in infant is more rapid than In adult and there is an important variation inthe metabolism of the drug from one patient to the other. Plasma half life in infant: 1.9 – 8 hours. , in adult:3 – 6 hours and in geriatrics: the plasma half life is comparable to that of adult. The drug passes to the foetusplacenta .
Indications & Usage:
Neo Minophytline syrup is indicated for the sympathomimetic treatment of bronchospasms associated with suchconditions as bronchial asthma, chronic bronchitis and pulmonary emphysema.Guaiphenesin helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to make coughs more productive.
Hypersensitivity to Theophylline
Side Effects :
Variable from one subject to the other, essentially: nausea, vomitmg , epigastnc pain, Cephalalgia, excitation,Insomnia, tachycardia. The see effects may be the first SlQn of overdosage .The appearance of the convulsion IS the sign of confirmed potsonlng • but can be the first slQn of it , notably atthe child.Notes :To be used with btg prudence at the young chitdAn overdose can result from inappropriate doses, of repeated administration in too short mtervats or bypotentialization wtth assocated medtanes .Because of the btg interpersonal vanauons of the metabolism of the Theophylline, it IS necessary to adapt thedoses according to the undeSlfabk! reactions and/or of theblood rates.
– Don’t use the association of troleanoomycine which can provoke a risk ofoverdosage.
– It is agreed to be used prudently with erythromycin that can Increase the blood concentration of theTheophylline.
– This risk remained to value in the case of the other macrolides.
Warnings & Precautions:
– Active peptic ulcer disease .
– Seizure disorders.
– Cardiac antlythmias ( not Including bradyarrnytbrmas)
– Patients with migraine headaches may experience an Increased frequency of headaches.
– Patients with congestive heart failure, cor-pulmonale , prolonged fever, hypothyroidism, liver disease, sepsrswith multi..organ failure and shock may require reduced Theophylline dosage.
– Concomitant medication use which results in reduced Theophylline clearance.
– Hypoproteinemia toxic effects may occur at therapeuhc total serum Theophylline concentrations in patientswith hypoalbuminemia because free ( unbound). Theophylline concentrations are elevated .Pregnancy and lactation: in case of administration of the drug in the end of pregnancy, possibility of tachycardia and of hyperexcitability in the neonates .
Dosage & Adminisration:
As directed by the physician or as f~lows :
Infants 6·12 months: 1/2 teaspoonful 3 times daily after meals.
Children from 2 • 6 years: 1 teaspoonful 3 times daity after meals.Children 10 9 years: one and half teaspoonful 3 – 4 times daily after meals
Children to 16 years: one and half 10 two teaspoonful 3 • 4 times daily after meals
Over 16 years: 2 . 3 teaspoonful 3 . 4 times daily after meals.
Pack contains bottte of 120 ml syrup.
Store in airtight container away from light.
Store in a temperature not exceeding 25 ·C
– Medicament is a product wtuch affects your health, and its conSUmptlOfl contrary to instrucbons IS dangerous for you
– Follow stridIy the dodor’s pre501lCIOn. the method of use Md the IlSIruCtIOnS a the phcmlaost v.tIo sejs the medicament.
– The doctor and the pharmaast are experts In medecr.e It’s benefits and risks
– DO not by yourself interrupt the penod of treatment prescnbed for you
– Do not repeat the same prescripbon Without oonsuItxlg your doctor
– Keep rnedlC3lTl8flt out of reach of children
produced by :
alexandria co. for pharmaceuticals – alexandria – A.R.E.