For The Medical Profession Only
Anti-inflammatory, Anti-allergic (corticosteroid)
Each 100 ml. contains: Dexamethasone 10 mg.
– Dexamethasone is a glucocorticoid. Its sodium retaining properties is negligible compared to cortisone, hydrocortisone, prednisolone and fludrocortisone.
– Dexamethasone is approximately 25 times stronger than hydrocortisone but with only minimal side effects.
– Orazone has a highly potent ann-allergic & anti-inflammatory effects.
Indications & usage:
*Orazone is used in:
– Bronchial asthma.
– Blood disorders as acute leukaemia in children and chronic Iymphocybc leukaemia.
– Nephrotic syndrome.
– Systemic fungal infections. – Hypersensitivity to the drug.
Sodium & fluid retention, congestive heartfailure, potassium loss, hypokalemia alkalosis, hypertension, muscle weakness, steroid myopathy, osteoporosis, pathologic fracture of long bones, peptic ulcer with possible perforation and hemorrhage, ulcerative esophagitis, abdominal distension & pancreatitis. Impaired wound healing erythma, increased sweating allergic dermatitis urticaria, angioneurotic ederna, convulsions, increased intracranial pressure
with papilledema (pseudo -turnor cerebri). Usually after treatment, vertigo, headache, psychic disturbances, menstrual irregularities. development of cushingoid state secondary adrenocortical & pituitary unresponsiveness particularly in times of stress, trauma surgery or illness, decreased carbohydrate tolerance, manifestations of latent diabetes mellitus,
Increased requirements for insulin or oral hypoglycemic agents in diabetes, hirsutism negative nitrogen balance due to protein catabolism, myocardial rupture following recent myocardial infarction, hypersensitivity, thromboembolism, weight gain, increased appetite, nausea, malaise & hiccups.
– Drug -induced adrenocortical insufficiency may result from too rapid with drawal of corticosteroids & may be minimized by gradual reduction of dosage.
– Corticosteroids may mask some signs of infection & new infections may appear during their use.
– Corticosteroids may activate latent amoebiasis.
– Prolonged use of Corticosteroids may produce posterior subcapsular cataract, glaucoma with possible damage to the optic nerves, and may enhance the establishment of secondary ocular infections due tofunqi or viruses.
Pregnancy and lactation:
– Corticosteroids should not be administered during pregnancy and lactation unless if it is clearly needed & the infant should be closely observed for the development of hypoadrenaJism or suppress of growth
-Large doses of Dexamethasone can cause elevation of blood pressure, salt & water retention, increased excretion of potassium & calcium.
– Live virus vaccines including smallpox is contraindicated in individuals receiving immunosuppressive doses of corticosteroids.
– Therapy with corticosteroids should be used wrth great caution in patients with left ventricular free wall rupture after a recent myocardial infarction .
– Corticosteroids should be used with great care in patients ‘Nith known or suspected slrongyloids (thread ‘NOrm) infestation.
– Symptoms of corticosteroids withdraVY’a1 follolNing prolonged therapy including fever,myalgia, arthralgia & malaise & this may occur even Vvithout evidence of adrenal insufficiency.
– Patients with hypothyroidism & cirrhosis have enhanced effect of corticosteroids.
– Corticosteroids should be used cautiously in patients with ocular herpes Simplex because of possible corneal perforation.
– Aspirin should be used cautiously in conjunction with corticosteroids in hypoprothrombinemia.
– The prothrombin time should be checked in patients who are receiving corticosteroids & coumarins at the same time (inhibition of response to coumarins)
– Patients receiving potassium- depletion diuretics concomitantly wrth corticosteroids should be observed closely for the development of hypokalemia.
– Growth & development of infants & children on prolonged corticosteroids therapy should be carefully observed.
– Steroids may increase or decrease motility & number of spermatozoa in some patients.
– Phenytoin, Phenobarbital, ephedrine & rWampicin may enhance themetabolic clearance of corticosteroids resulting in decreased blood levels & lessened physiologic activity.
Dosage & Administration:
Dosage requirement are variable and must be individualized on the basis of the disease & the response of the patient
AduHa : 1 teaspoonful 3 times daily.
Age Dav of treatment
1 st 2nd 3rd 4th
1 year 4X1 ml 3X1 ml 2X1 ml 1 X1 ml
2 years 4X2ml 3X2ml 2X2ml 1 X2ml
3y.ears 4X4 ml 3X4ml 2X4ml 1X4ml
After the fourth day maintenance dose should be determined by the physician.
– Bottle of 100 ml. or 120 ml.
– Me dieament is a product which effects your health,and its eonrumption contrary to irutrudion is dangerous for you
– Follow strictly the doctors prescription, method of use of the inrtructions of the pharmacist who sales the medicament
– The doctor and the pharmacist are experts in medicine its benefits and risks
– Do not by yourself interrupt the period of treatment presenbed for you
– Do not rpeat the same prescription without consulting your doctor
– Keep medicment out of children reach
produced by :
The Arab Drug Compilny C.lro – A.R.E.