Zalastin Nasal Spray
Each 1 ml contains:
Azelastine hydrochloride 1 mg.
Azelastine Hel is a second generation antihistamine characterized by a rapid onset and a long duration of action. It inhibits the release of inflammatory mediators of mast cells.
Zalastin Nasal Spray is indicated for the treatment of symptoms of seasonal or perennial allergic rhinitis such as rhinorrhea, sneezing and nasal pruritus in adults and children 5 years and older.
– The recommended dose of ZALASTin Nasal Spray is:
Adults an ctiilClren 12yeals and oloertWo sprays (1ll1YlJg/spl’ay) perrrostril twice daily.
Children 5-11 years old: one spray per nostril twice daily.
– Before initial use, the unit should be primed with 4 sprays or until a fine mist appears. If it is not used for more than 3 days, the unit should be reprimed with 2 sprays or until a fine mist appears.
– Before using the nasal spray, the nasal passages should be cleared. Close one nostril, press and sniff deeply and breath out through your mouth.
Adverse Effects :
Irritation of nasal mucosa, bitter taste, drowsiness, tiredness, dry mouth, skin rash, abdominal pain or anorexia may occur.
Azelastine hydrochloride is contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity to azelastine hydrochloride.
– Activittes requiring mental alertness: Somnolence has been reported in some patients taking azelastine hydrochloride; caution should therefore be exercised when driving a car or operating potentially dangerous machinery.
– Pregnancy: There are no adequate and well-controlled clinical studies in pregnant women. Azelastine hydrochloride should be used during pregnancy only if the potential benefit justifies the potential risk to the fetus.
– Nursing mothers: It is not known whether azelastine hydrochloride is excreted in human milk; caution should be exercised when azelastine hydr.ochloride is adrntmstered to a nursing woman.
– Pediatric use: Safety and efficacy of azelastine hydrochloride in pediatric patients below the age of 5 years have not been established.
Concurrent use of azelastine hydrochloride with alcohol or other CNS depressants should be avoided because additional reduction in alertness and additional impairment of eNS performance may occur.
A bottle containing ’15 ml (100 metered dose).
EUROPEAN EGYPTIAN PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRIES