cold and cough
Each 5 ml contains:
Paracetamol (acetaminophen) 160 mg
Chlorpheniramine maleate 1 mg
Pseudoephedrine hydrochloride 15 mg
Dextromethorphan hydrobromide 4.5 mg
Congestal syrup combines the analgesic antipyretic (Paracetamol),
the antihistaminic (Chlorpheniramine maleate), the decongestant (Pseudoephedrine hydrochloride)and the cough suppressa (Dextromethorphanhydrobromide).
Indications and Usage:
Congestal syrup is used for the treatment of :
– Fever and headache associated with common cold.
– Nasal congestion, sinus congestion and sinus pain.
– Runny nose, sneezing and itching of the nose and throat.
– Eye itching due to hay fever and allergic conditions of respiratory tract . .
– Sore throat.
Precautions & Warnings:
If a rare sensitivity reaction occurs, the drug should be discontinued.
Congestal syrup is not to be given in chronic cough such as that occurs with
. Congestal syrup should not used for children under 6 years old .
Congestal syrup is not to be taken the patient is using monoamine oxidase
inhibitor (MAOI) drug, or before 2 weeks after stopping the MAO I drug.
Dosage and Administration:
– Unless directed by the physidan, the recommended dose is:
6 -12 years: 1 – 2 teaspoonful (5 -10 ml) 3 – 4 times daily.
– Do not exceed 4 doses in 24 hours.
– A batHe of 120 ml.
SIGMA Pharmaceutical Industries . Egypt. S.A.E.