Each gramme contains:
Fusidic acid 20 mg.
Betamethasone 1 mg.
FUCICORT cream combines the potent topical antibacterial action of fusidic acid with the anti-inflammatory and antipruritic effect of betamethasone. Fusidic acid is effective in low concentrations against staphylococci, including strains resistant to penicillin or to other antibiotics. Topicall ipplie-crfusidic acid is also effecliVe against streptococci, corynebacteria, neisseria and certain clostridia.
FUCICORT is indicated in inflammatory dermatoses where bacterial infection is present or likely to occur. inflammatory dermatoses include atopic eczema, discoid eczema, stasis eczema, seborrhoeic dermatitis, contact dermatitis, lichen simplex chronicus, psoriasis, discoid lupus erythematosus, insect bites, sunburns.
Uncovered lesions: Apply 2 – 3 times daily.
Covered lesions: Less frequent applications may be adequate.
Topical corticosteroids are contra-indicated in tuberculous, viral and fungal skin
!oplcal a ministration of corticosteroid to pregnan animals can cause abnormalities of foetal development. The relevance of this finding to human beings has not been established however, topical steroids should not be used extensively in pregnancy, i. e. in large amounts or for prolonged periods. In infants long-term continuous therapy should be avoided. Adrenal suppression can occur even without occlusion.
Side Effects :
Hypersensitivity has rarely been ericoun ered.
THIS IS A MEDICAMENT:
– Medicament is a product, but not like other products.
– Medicament is a product which affects your health, and its consumption contrary to
instructions is dangerous for you.
– Follow strictly the Doctor’s prescription, the method of use and the instructions of the pharmacist who sold you the medicament. The Doctor and Pharmacist are experts in medicaments, their benefits and their risks.
– Do not by yourself interrupt. the period of treatment prescribed to you.
– Do not repeat the same medicament and do not increase doses without consulting your Doctor.
– Do not leave medicament within reach of children
Manufactured by :
Under Licence of LEO PHARMACEUTICAL PRODUCTS DENMARK