Fucidin Ointment 2%
Each gramme contains: Sodium fusidate 20 mg. in neutral
FUCIDIN, an antibiotic derived from Fusidium coccineum, exerts powerful antibacterial activity against a number of gram- positive organisms. Staphylococci, including the strains resistant to penicillin or other antibiotics, are particularly susceptible to FUCIDIN. The therapeutic efficacy of topically applied FUCIDIN is due partly to the pronounced antibacterial activity of FUCIDIN against the organisms responsible for skin infections, and partly
to t e unique ability of this antibiotic to penetrate intact skin.
FUCIDIN ointment is indicated for treatment of skin infections
caused by staphylococci, streptococci, corynebacterium
minutissimum and other FUCIDIN-sensitive organisms; the
most important indications being :
Impetigo Boils Hidradenitis
Infected wounds Sycosis barbae Paronichia
Folliculitis Carbuncles Erythrasma
FUCIDIN ointment is applied to the affected area 2-3 times daily, generally for a period of 7 days. It can be used with or without a covering dressing. Caution should be observed when applying FUCIDIN Ointment in the eye region as this
preparation may cause irritation if it gets into the eye.
SIDE- EFFECTS :
FUCIDIN ointment is remarkably well tolerated, and there is an extremely low frequency of hypersensitivity reactions.
Tubes of 15 gm – 30 gm.
THIS IS A MEDICAMENT :
– Medicament is a product, but not like other products.
– Medicament is a product which affects your health, and its consumption contrary to instructions is dangerous for you.
– Follow strictly the Doctor’s prescription, the method of use and the instructions of the Pharmacist who sold you the medicament. The Doctorand.Pharmacist are experts-in medicaments, their benefits and their risks.
– Do not by yourself interrupt the period of treatment prescribed to you.
– Do not repeat the same medicament and do not increase doses without consulting your Doctor.
Do not leave medicament within reach of children
product of :
under licence of : leo pharmaceutical ballerup – denmark