Enteric coated tablets
Digestant, anliflatulent, antispasmodic and choleretic
Each enteric coated tablet contains:
Pancreatin 300 mg
Papain 50 mg
Ox-bile extract 30 mg
Bimethicone 30 mg
MebeverineHCI 50 mg
– Pancreatin from mamalian pancreas, digests carbohydrates, proteins and fats. It contains principally amylase, protease, and lipase enzymes. They convert starch into dextrins and simple sugars, proteins into peptones and oligopeptides, lipids into fatty acids and glycerol, respectively.
– Papain, which is extracted from the fruit of Carica papaya, is a proteolytic enzyme
that exhibits-a broad spectrum hydrolytic activity acting on peptides, amides, esters
and thioesters and particularly on bonds involving basic amino acids, yielding peptides of lower molecular weights. The enteric coating ensures complete delivery
of the enzyme content of the tablets into the intestine without degradation in the
– Bile extract contains bile salts, which are absorbed from the intestine and re-excreted by the liver in the bile, thus entering the same cyclic processes as endogenous bile salts. Bile salts play an important role in emulsification,
dispersion, enhancement of digestion and absorption of fats and fat soluble vitamins.
– Dimethicone is a gastrointestinal protective agent with antifoaming action. It is
used in the treatment of problems due to increase in gases such as flatulence, gastric bloating, post-operative gaseous distension.
– Mebeverine HCI is an antispasmodic which has a direct action on the smooth
muscles of the gastro-intestinal tract, relieving spasm.
– Indigestion, flatulence, d ~sia og operative gaseous distension abdominal colic
– Malabsorption syndromes of various etiologies: e.g. post-prandial fullness, bacterial overgrowth, short bowel syndrome, biliary insufficiency: e.g. chronic pancreatitis, cystic fibrosis or pancreatectomy.
Occasionally, hypersensitivity to the constituents of Spasmo-Amrase has been noted
1-2 tablets to be swallowed whole preferably before meals three times daily or as
prescribed by the physician
Box of 20 tablets.
Produced by :
AMRIYA PHARM. IND
ALEXANDRIA I EGYPT